This Policy does not apply to information exchanged on private sections of FHLBank Chicago's website that require a password to access (i.e., eBanking, AHP Online, or eMPF). Your use of those private sections, and the treatment of information exchanged therein, are governed by the relevant agreements between you and FHLBank Chicago’s and any privacy statement specifically covering those sections of the website.
The FHLBank Chicago may from time to time revise this Policy. All revisions to this Policy will be posted on our website and where otherwise required under applicable law. Please check this Policy regularly for any revisions.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
When visiting this website, the FHLBank Chicago may collect and store the domain name and host from which you access the Internet (e.g., google.com), the IP address of your computer, your browser software and operating system, the date and time you access the site and the Internet address of any web site from which you linked directly to our site or to which you link directly after visiting our site. The FHLBank Chicago may use this information to measure the number of visitors to sections of our site, to determine from where our visitors linked and to where our visitors link from our site, and to help us make our site more useful. For example, we may organize and analyze IP addresses so that we can provide efficient service, improve your user experience, enhance security, monitor appropriate usage and produce traffic volume statistics. This type of information may be shared with third parties on an aggregated basis, such as if we choose to disclose site traffic information for marketing or other commercial purposes.
When using the FHLBank Chicago’s public website, you may contact us to request information about the FHLBank Chicago or our products and services or sign up for conferences or webinars. In engaging in these activities, you may provide us with certain information that the FHLBank Chicago will use to send you the requested information or provide you with the services you requested. The FHLBank Chicago may also use such information to send you additional marketing and informational materials about our programs, services and products. FHLBank Chicago may also use for other purposes and disclose to third parties this information.
Third Party Websites
Nonpublic Personal Information
In order to assist members of the FHLBank Chicago with their required regulatory compliance, the following guidelines are adopted to address the privacy of confidential information which is received by the Bank from or on behalf of members, members’ customers, or customers of the Bank (the Members):
With respect to nonpublic personal information (as that term is defined in the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act) received by the Bank from or on behalf of Members, appropriate administrative, electronic, and physical safeguards have been instituted to:
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of such information;
- Protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information; and
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of such information.
The FHLBank Chicago does not disclose nonpublic personal information which is received from or on behalf of a Member except as permitted by statutory or regulatory exceptions.
Third parties engaged by the Bank who have access to nonpublic personal information received from or on behalf of Members are required:
- To comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations and keep such information of Members confidential;
- To institute administrative, electronic and physical safeguards which are consistent with those outlined in paragraph 1 above;
- To limit their use of nonpublic personal information to the purpose(s) for which it was provided to them; and
- To release nonpublic personal information only as permitted by statutory or regulatory exceptions.
MPF® Program Practices
In order to assist PFIs with their required regulatory compliance, the following guidelines are adopted to address the privacy of confidential information which is received in the MPF Program:
1. No nonpublic personal information of MPF Applicants or Borrowers which is received in connection with the MPF Program is used or disclosed to third parties, other than uses and disclosures which are permitted by law.
2. With respect to MPF Applicant and Borrower information received in connection the MPF Program, appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards have been instituted to:
• Maintain the security and confidentiality of such information;
• Protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information; and
• Protect against unauthorized access to or use of such information.
3. Third parties engaged by the MPF Provider to provide services in connection with the MPF Program who receive nonpublic personal information of MPF Applicants or Borrowers are required:
• To comply with all applicable privacy laws;
• To institute administrative, technical and physical safeguards which are consistent with those outlined in the preceding bullet point;
• To limit their use of nonpublic personal information to the purpose(s) for which it was provided to them; and
• To release nonpublic personal information only as permitted by statutory or regulatory exceptions.
Required PFI Compliance
In the origination and Servicing of MPF Mortgage Loans, each PFI is required to comply with all Applicable Laws including but not limited to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and related regulations. Such compliance shall include giving required notices and disclosures, and maintenance of adequate administrative, technical and physical safeguards necessary to comply with Applicable Laws. In addition, the PFI is required to monitor the performance of any subservicer, custodian, assignee or designee which is performing services in connection with MPF Mortgage Loans to ensure their compliance with all applicable privacy laws.